After a long break. Long and boring stuff as to why I was gone for about 7 months, I’ll cut it short, it involved me on my bike driving home after work, some f***ing drunk uninsured a**hole in his car, and two very shattered knees as an end result. Life and lemmons … what you gonna do right?
So I’m back in EVE, and i’m kind of regretting putting my sub on hold, because I could have trained a lot of SP in the process 🙂 But meh … we’ll get there eventually.
So I logged in the game today for the first time, and some things I noticed:
– What the *** happened to my ISK ? I can’t remember donating everything to charity or something, nor do I appear to be hacked. Very weird. I thought I had saved up some hard earned *cough* cash. meh
– Did something spectacular happen ingame or anything? Because the prices on ships seems to have increased alot. Maybe i’m just daydreamig. meh
– I’m still a member of Stay Frosty, which I did not expect. Stay Frosty is now even bigger, is part of a selfmade Alliance called A Band Apart, and there have been a gazillion wardecs. Stay Frosty people still play Call of DutyEVE Online in frigates.
– I realised again how old I am, how fast time is flying by. I can’t remember jack sh*t about EVE Online. It’s like learning how to ride a bicycle once again (HA, notice the irony in this sentence!). meh, we’ll get there again eventually.
And I’d like to share this.
I had a ton of unread mails in my inbox, from people I don’t know. Fellow EVE players that read my blog, and wondered why I stopped blogging. I replied to all of them, thanking them for their mails (most dating back from when I stopped playing in March). (I blocked out the senders name because I wasn’t sure if he would like his ingame name on a blog).
See, this is what makes EVE Online so different.
A ‘brutal’ game at first glance, a harsh and toxic environment. But also with amazing depth and even more amazing people. When was the last time you received emails from complete strangers asking if all is well. And this is so amazing. These are the same people that shoot at your pretty ship if they feel like doing so.
You can say alot about EVE Online, but it fosters a special kind of gamer that is for sure.
Okay, enough with the hippie stuff 🙂 , it is time to continue on my quest for EVE famedom and the riches that come with it. Immediate goals are:
– Gathering some ISKies
– Setting up some fitted ships
– Ninja the living shiat out of people
– No more pocket change looting